LILYGO T-RGB is a wireless 2.1-inch round color touchscreen display based on ESP32-S3R8 dual-core microcontroller with WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, 8MB PSRAM, and 16MB flash storage.
The device also includes a microSD card socket for data storage and a Grove I2C connector for expansion and supports LiPo battery power. The company also says it can be charged through USB, so the board must include a battery charging circuit contrary to some other boards from LILYGO.
LILYGO T-RGB specifications:
- SoC – Espressif ESP32-S3R8 dual-core Tensilica LX7 microcontroller up to 240 MHz with vector instructions for AI acceleration, 8MB PSRAM, WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 5.0 LE + Mesh connectivity
- Storage – 16MB SPI flash, MicroSD card socket
- Display – 2.1-inch round 18-bit RGB color IPS TFT display with 480×480 resolution (ST7701S SPI controller), touchscreen panel
- USB – USB Type-C port for power and programming
- Expansion – Grove I2C connector
- Misc – BOOT and Reset buttons
- Power Supply
- 5V via USB Type-C port
- 1.25mm pitch connector for LiPo battery, battery capacity detection
- Dimensions – 63 x 59.5 x 18.28 mm
We’re also told the ESP32-S3 does not have enough pins, so a Xinluda XL9535 I2C I/O expander chip had to be used in this design. You’ll find the schematic, some Arduino/PlatformIO examples, and documents on GitHub. It also include an Autodesk file (DWG) to print a 3D enclosure for the display.
LILYGO is selling the T-RGB wireless display on Aliexpress for $32.28 including shipping together with a cable for the battery.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.