EDATEC has launched four more Raspberry Pi CM4-powered industrial computers with the ED-IPC2100 Series that mostly differ from the earlier ED-IPC2010 model with an extra M.2 Key-B socket for an SSD, an extra Gigabit Ethernet port, and four COM ports with RS232 or RS485 interfaces depending on the exact model.
The new ED-IPC2100 series industrial computer family ships with a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 with up to 8GB RAM, 32GB flash, optional WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5.0, and offer a full-size HDMI video output, two Gigabit Ethernet port, and a few USB ports. The ED-IPC2120 model looks to offer some extra features such as an HDMI Touch FPC connector, MIPI CSI camera and DSI display connectors, and audio interfaces.
- SoM – Raspberry Pi CM4
- SoC – Broadcom BCM2711 quad-core Cortex-A72 processor @ 1.5GHz with VideoCore VI GPU
- System Memory – 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB LPDRR4-3200 RAM
- Storage – 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB eMMC flash
- Wireless – Optional dual-band WiFi 5 and Bluetooth LE 5.0 module
- M.2 NVMe SSD socket
- MicroSD card for user storage expansion only (won’t boot the OS)
- 4KB EEPROM
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0 Type-A port up to 4Kp60
- ED-IPC2120 only
- HDMI FPC connector with HDMI 2.0 and USB/I2C touch
- MIPI DSI connector
- ED-IPC2120 only
- 3.5mm audio jack with support for stereo playback and microphone input
- 4-pin speaker connector
- Camera I/F – ED-IPC2120 only – 2x 15-pin header for 2-lane MIPI CSI interface
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports, one with optional PoE support
- Optional WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 5 via Raspberry Pi CM4 module
- Optional 4G LTE connectivity via mini PCIe module and Nano SIM card slot
- 2x SMA connectors for WiFi/Bluetooth antenna for wireless-enabled CM4 modules and optional 4G LTE
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB micro USB port to flash the OS to the eMMC flash, 1x USB 2.0 FPC connector
- 40-pin Raspberry Pi-compatible GPIO connector
- 10-pin GPIO header with 8x GPIOs, 3.3V, GND
- M.2 Key-B connector for 2030/2242 SSD
ED-IPC2110 – 2x RS485 + 2x RS232 via Phoenix terminals with I/O isolator, electrostatic and surge protection.
- ED-IPC2120 – 2 x RS485 + 2x RS232 via Phoenix terminals with I/O isolator, electrostatic and surge protection.
ED-IPC2130 – 3x RS485 + 1x RS232 via Phoenix terminals with I/O isolator, electrostatic and surge protection.
ED-IPC2140 – 4 x RS485 (No RS232 interface) via Phoenix terminals with I/O isolator, electrostatic and surge protection.
- Real-Time Clock (RTC) + CR1220 battery holder
- ATECC608 encryption chip
- Reset button
- Green status LED, green 4G LED, red power LED, green user LED, 4x COM1-4 LEDs
- Power Supply
- 9 ~ 36V via 2-pin Phoenix terminal with screw holes
- Optional PoE support
- 1x 5V DC/1A output
- 3x 12V DC/1A output
- Consumption – Up to 24 Watts
- Dimensions – 143 x 100 x 35 to 55 mm depending on the model
- Weight – 750 grams
- Temperature Range – -25 to 60°C
- Humidity – 20% ~ 90% (non-condensing)
- Certifications – FCC/CE
As usual, the latest EDATEC industrial computer based on the Raspberry Pi CM4 runs Raspberry Pi OS Desktop/Lite 32-bit/64-bit with the required drivers to support all features. The company says the ED-IPC2100 IPCs are mostly suited to five sectors, namely Smart Agriculture, industrial automation, AI, IoT, and green energy
Note that the product page is fairly confusing and with conflicting information (see RS232/RS485 options in the datasheet vs the table on the product page), so you may want to contact the company first to make sure you really get what’s needed. There are also links to ED-IPC2111, ED-IPC2112, and ED-IPC2113 datasheets that come out of nowhere since those three models are not mentioned at all anywhere else on the product page.
EDATEC also sells samples of the ED-IPC2110-14084-10 model (ED-IPC2110 with WiFI/Bluetooth, 4GB RAM, 8GB eMMC flash, and a 4G LTE module) on Aliexpress for $288 plus shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.