SMLIGHT has recently released Zigbee Ethernet/WiFi/USB coordinators and USB dongles based on either Texas Instruments CC2652P7 or CC2674P10 wireless microcontrollers that update on the company’s SLZB-06 Zigbee 3.0 to PoE Ethernet, USB, and WiFi adapter and Silicon Labs EFR32MG21-based SLZB-07 Zigbee 3.0 USB adapter.
That’s a total of four new devices with the SLZB-06p7 and SLZB-07p7 based on CC2652P7 and designed to work with vendor-agnostic software such as Zigbee2MQTT and Home Assistant ZHA, and the similar SLZB-06p10 and SLZB-06p10 based on the CC2674P10 whose Zigbee firmware is still under development according to SMLIGHT.
- Wireless SoCs
- SLZB-06p7 – Texas Instruments CC2652P7 Arm Cortex-M4F microcontroller @ 48-MHz with 704KB flash, 256KB ROM for protocol and library functions, 8KB of SRAM, integrated +20 dB power amplifier, Bluetooth 5.2 Low Energy, Matter, Thread, Zigbee 3.0
- SLZB-06p10 – Texas Instruments CC2674P10 Arm Cortex-M33 microcontroller @ 48 MHz with TrustZone, FPU and DSP extension, 1024 KB flash, 8 KB of cache SRAM, 256KB of ultra-low leakage SRAM, Bluetooth 5.3 Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4 PHY and MAC (Zigbee 3..0/Thread/Matter)
- Common – Espressif Systems ESP32-DOWDQ5-V3 dual-core processor @ 240MHz with 448 KB ROM, 520 KB SRAM, 16 KB SRAM in RTC, WiFi and BLE connectivity
- Ethernet RJ45 port with PoE support (IEEE 802.3af) implemented through Microchip LAN8720 100M Ethernet controller
- 2.4 GHz WiFi up to 150 Mbps
- Zigbee 3.0 support, including Zigbee Green Power.
- Thread/Matter support
- +5dB SMA antenna included
- USB – USB Type-C port for data and power; USB/UART via CP2102N chip
- Misc – 4x user LEDs, 1x button
- Power Supply
- Input – 5V/150mA via USB-C or PoE
- Overvoltage protection, optoelectronic isolation
- Dimensions – 160 x 26 x 22mm
The SLZB-06p7 and SLZB-06p10 Zigbee/Ethernet/USB/WiFi adapter ship with a +5dB antenna. The devices are said to work with Home Assistant and Zigbee2MQTT out of the box thanks to the ESP32 firmware pre-loaded on the board with the following features:
- Update Zigbee and Core firmware OTA
- VPN support
- Localization in 15 languages
- Change Ethernet/USB/Wi-Fi adapter mode through firmware or by button
- Secure login with username and password
- DHCP or static IP address for Ethernet connection
- Customizable LEDs behavior
- Responsive web interface based on Bootstrap 5.2
The company still points to the older user manual for the original SLZB-06 launched in 2022.
The SLZB-07p7 and SLZB-07p10 Zigbee 3.0 USB dongles are also based on TI CC2652P7 and CC2652P10 wireless microcontrollers and come with a +3Db antenna. They also feature the same CP2102N USB UART chip and work with ZHA Integration for Home Assistant and Zigbee2MQTT. Besides Zigbee connectivity, Thread/Matter experimental support is also available through Home Assistant. The user manual has some more detail, but as far as I can see, all information is still for the SiLabs model instead of the new ones.
SMLIGHT sells the SLZB-06p7 for $34.99, the SLZB-07p7 for $9.99, and the p10 variants can be had for $5 extra. You’ll find them on the SMLight shop and Aliexpress, Note that the p10 models are only suitable for developers right now since the Zigbee firmware is still under development.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.