Startup SMLIGHT has launched the SLZB-06 Zigbee 3.0 to Ethernet, USB, and WiFi adapter with PoE support that works out of the box with open-source software such as Home Assistant and Zigbee2MQTT.
The device combines Texas Instruments’ СС2652Р microcontroller for Zigbee with ESP32 for WiFi, data transfer to Ethernet or USB, and peripheral functions such as LEDs and a button.The design is complemented with Microchip LAN8720 for Ethernet.
SMLIGHT SLZB-06 specifications:
- Wireless SoCs
- Texas Instruments CC2652P1FRGZR Arm Cortex-M4F microcontroller @ 48 MHz with 352KB flash, 256KB ROM for protocols and library functions, 80+8KB SRAM, integrated power amplifier, Bluetooth 5.2 Low Energy and 802.15.4 radios
- Espressif Systems ESP32-DOWDQ5-V3 dual-core processor @ 240MHz with 448 KB ROM, 520 KB SRAM, 16 KB SRAM in RTC, WiFi and BLE connectivity
- Ethernet RJ45 port with PoE support (IEEE 802.3af) implemented through Microchip LAN8720 10/100M Ethernet controller
- 2.4 GHz WiFi up to 150 Mbps
- Zigbee 3.0 support
- +5dB SMA antenna included
- USB – USB Type-C port for data and power
- Misc – 4x user LEDs, 1x button
- Power Supply
- Input – 5V/200mA via USB or PoE
- Overvoltage protection, optoelectronic isolation
- Dimensions – 160 x 26 x 22mm
- Certifications – CE and FCC
The SLZB-06 ships with open-source firmware for the ESP32 MCU that works with Home Assistant and Zigbee2MQTT support and the following key features:
- Change Ethernet/USB adapter mode through firmware or by button
- Secure login with username and password
- DHCP or static IP address for Ethernet connection
- ESP32 OTA update, ESP32 (peripheral) and CC2652P (Zigbee) restart
- Switch CC2652P (Zigbee) to flash mode
- Fully responsive web interface based on the latest Bootstrap 5.2
The Texas Instruments Zigbee 3.0 chip ships with Z-Stack 3.x.0 coordinator firmware. You’ll find instructions to get started and more in the user manual.
The Zigbee 3.0 Ethernet/USB/WiFi adapter ships with a 5dB antenna, a micro USB to USB Type-C adapter, as well as two adhesive tapes and two screws for mounting along with a screwdriver and a “screw-helper” that also features a QR code to the aforelinked user manual.
SMLIGHT SLZB-06 is sold on Tindie for $45.99 plus shipping or $39.99 directly from SMLIGHT online store. More details can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.