Hardkernel ODROID-XU2 Development Board with Exynos 5420 Coming Up in Q1 2014
Insignal recently announced that Arndale Octa with an Exynos 5420 was available for pre-order with shipping expected in December 2013, making it the first company providing a low cost big.LITTLE development board. But there will be some competition as Hardkernel will launch ODROID-XU2 also based on Samsung Exynos 5420 octa-core processor according to a tweet by SamsungExynos official twitter account. The board is also briefly mentioned in an article in Samsung website as it was showcased at ARM Techcon 2013.
That’s actually all the information I have. There’s a brochure on ARMFlix’s video, but it’s unreadable. However, we can derive (guess) some of the specifications based on the picture above and ODROID-XU specs:
- SoC – Samsung Exynos 5420 octa core SoC with 4x Cortex A15 cores up to 1.8 GHz, 4x Cortex A7 cores up to 1.3 GHz in big.LITTLE configuration, and ARM Mali T-628 MP6 GPU
- System Memory – N/A, but likely to be 2 GB (like ODROID-XU) or 3 GB RAM (like Arndale Octa).
- Storage – micro SD slot, eMMC 4.5 connector
- Video Output – micro HDMI + MPI LCD interface and Touch screen I2C ports (At the back of the board, not seen on pic) + DisplayPort (Bottom left)
- Audio – micro HDMI, headphone jack, audio codec
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet via USB 2.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 Host, 1x USB 3.0 OTG, and 4x USB 2.0 Host
- Expansion Header – 30 pins (GPIO/IRQ/SPI/ADC)
- Misc – PWM connector for Cooler, backup battery connector, serial console (UART) connector, and PMIC.
Price is unknown at this time. For reference ODROID-XU is available for $169 + shipping, so this new board is likely to be slightly more expensive once it becomes available in Q1 2014.