Congatec Unveils conga-IGX Industrial mini-ITX Boards Powered by AMD G-series SoC
Congatec has recently introduced three new industrial Mini-ITX motherboards powered by dual and quad AMD Embedded G-Series SoCs, namely GX-210HA, GX-217GA, and GX-420CA, all integrated Radeon HD graphics. The company’s conga-IGX embedded motherboards are said to be particularly suited for cost-sensitive visualization and control applications.
Congatec conga-IGX specifications:
- AMD Embedded GX-210HA (2 x 1.0 GHz, L2 cache 1MB, 9 W) with AMD Radeon HD 8210E graphics @ 300 MHz
- AMD Embedded GX-217GA (2 x 1.65 GHz, L2 cache 1MB, 15 W) with with AMD Radeon HD 8280E graphics @ 450 MHz
- AMD Embedded GX-420CA (4 x 2.0 GHz, L2 cache 2MB, 25 W) with with AMD Radeon HD 8400E graphics @ 600 MHz
- System Memory – 2x SO DIMM Socket (1.5V / 1.35V), for up to 16GB single Channel DDR3-1333 (CL9) / DDR3-1600 (CL11) SDRAM, unbuffered, no ECC
- Storage – 1x mSATA (SATA-III), 2x SATA connectors
- Connectivity – 2x Gigabit Ethernet via Realtek RTL 8111G
- Video Output – 18/24-bit Single/Dual Channel LVDS Interface, 1x DisplayPort and 1x DVI external connectors. Support for direct control of two independent displays.
- Video Playback – BluRays with HDCP (1080p), MPEG-2, HD and DivX (MPEG-4) videos thanks to the Universal Video Decoder 4.2 in Radeon HD graphics.
- Audio I/F – Line In and Line Out, SPDIF OUT (internal). High Definition Audio Interface, Realtek ALC 671, 5.1-channel.
- USB – Internal: 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, External: 4x USB 2.0
- Mini PCIe Slot (incl. USB 2.0)
- PCIe x4 Slot (Gen.2)
- Other connectors:
- Serial – 2x external DB9 serial ports (RS232, FIFO, 16550 compatible), internal COM3 serial port FIFO, 16550 compatible.
- Keyboard and PS/2 Mouse
- Backlight Inverter
- FAN CPU
- Feature Connector (8 Bit General Purpose I/O)
- Frontpanel (Power Switch, LEDs, Intel 10 pin header)
- Specific Socket for intern. USB 2.0 Stick
- System AUX1
- Security – Optional ”Trusted Platform Module” (TPM 1.2) connected via internal socket
- Power – 1x DC-In (external input) 12V / 19-24V @ 5A max, onboard (internal input) DC-In 12V / 19-24V, onboard Power Output (+5V/2A, +12V/2A) for drives,
- Power Management – Power Management , ACPI S3/S4, Wake on time from S5, 3.3V Auxiliary Supply Voltage on PCIe Slot (Wake-Up Support) Onboard CPU Core Voltage Regulator
- Dimensions – 17 x 17 cm (mini-ITX)
- Temperature Range - Operating: 0 to +60°C; Storage: -20 to +80°C
- Humidity – Operating: 10 to 90% r. H. non cond. / Storage 5 to 95% r. H. non cond.
The boards feature AMI Aptio 4.X (UEFI) BIOS with features such as Quick Boot and an integrated hardware diagnostic tool, and support Microsoft Windows 7/8, Windows Embedded Standard, Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7), and Linux. Thanks to the low power drawn by AMD SoC, fanless designs are possible for quieter and more reliable systems, and the company does provide both passive and active coolers for their solutions, as well as a conga-IGX chassis. Public documentation includes a product brief, a quick start guide, and a user’s manual.
I could not find if the boards are available right now, but the company promises a least 7-year availability once these mini-ITX motherboard start selling. Further information is available on Congatec conga-IGX product page.