Shuttle DSA2LS Fanless Android Mini PC with Dual Display Support for Digital Signage Applications
Shuttle is a company making small form factor PCs, and I’ve recently mentioned their Intel Celeron J1900 based mini PCs. The company has now launched its first ARM based mini PC, called DSA2LS, powered by Freescale i.MX6 Duallite processor, and running Android 4.2. This computer is mainly destined to be used as a digital signage player with features such as VESA mounts, dual screen support, protective operation, and has been designed for 24/7 operation at 0 to 45 C. Other applications include kiosk, thin clients, and vending machines.
- SoC – Freescale i.MX6 DualLite dual core processor @ 1GHz with Vivante GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB eMMC + SD card slot up to 64 GB protected by anti-theft (or anti-troll) cover
- Video Output – HDMI and VGA, supporting dual displays (but maybe not independent displays).
- Audio – HDMI, Line OUT
- Connectivity – 10/100/1000M Ethernet (470Mbps max) with Wake-on-LAN support, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi antenna
- Video Codecs – MPEG2, H.264, MPEG4/ Xvid DivX H.264, AVI/ Xvid H264 MJPEG, MOV/ H.264
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x mini USB 2.0 port (device)
- Misc – Power button, status LED, RS-232 (DB9) port, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – 5V/2A (internal), input 100-240V
- Dimensions – 142(L) x 190(W) x 35(H)mm
Shuttle DS2LS comes with a power cord, VESA mount system with 8 screws, a Wi-Fi antenna, and a Quick Start Guide. The device is pre-loaded with Android 4.2.2. Contrary to most other devices, the power supply is built-in the box, and you simply need to connect the power cord. Other features useful for digital signage include power failure recovery, and auto power on.
In case you need HDMI and LVDS, DSA2LV motherboard with very similar specifications is available from the company.
Shuttle DSA2LS digital signage player has been announced in Europe, where it sells for 158 Euros including VAT. More information, including links to download the latest firmware and quick start guide, is available on Shuttle EU and Global sites.