Qualcomm has just released their new Augmented Reality SDK with Unity Support:
We encourage you to upgrade immediately to the newest version of Qualcomm’s augmented reality (AR) software development kit (SDK) and Extension for Unity released today, Friday, December 17. This version includes support for virtual buttons and multi-image targets and improved stability for both the SDK and the AR Extension. Additionally, we are pleased to announce that the Qualcomm AR SDK now supports several new devices including the Dell Streak, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire Z, T-Mobile G2 by HTC, HTC myTouch 4G, Motorola DROID 2, Motorola DROID X, and Sony Ericsson Xperia X10. Download the latest Qualcomm SDK and Extension for Unity at developer.qualcomm.com/ar
AR SDK version 0.10.0 (BETA2) Changelog:
- Added support for multi-image target reconfiguration (add / remove / reconfigure parts on the fly)
- Added support for virtual button reconfiguration (add / remove / reconfigure buttons on the fly)
- Updated existing sample applications:
- Reconfigurable virtual buttons
- Reconfigurable multi-image targets
- Added dialog boxes to display QCAR initialization errors
- Removed Shared library and moved shared code into individual sample apps to create independent stand-alone projects
AR SDK version 0.10.0 (BETA2) Knwon issues:
- Rare application freeze and “CPU may be pegged” issue has been observed on Froyo. This has been observed by others working with camera and OpenGL on Android.
- Video preview rendering and rendering layer order mismatched after another application overlayed QCAR rendering window – not aimed to resolve for public beta release.
- Camera-JNI and mPreviewLock messages appear in logcat output on Android 2.1.
- Application in ‘portrait mode’ may result in displaced augmentations.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|