Qualcomm introduced FastCV (Fast Computer Vision), a mobile-optimized computer vision (CV) library that includes the most frequently used vision processing functions for use across a wide array of Android mobile devices.
- Gesture recognition
- Face detection, tracking and recognition
- Text recognition and tracking
- Depth of field calculations
Developers can already download FastCV SDK and start building new user experiences leveraging camera-based apps.
- FastCV Tools and Resources – FastCV SDK and release notes.
- FastCV Getting Started Guide – FastCV Developer Guide describing the features of the Qualcomm FastCV library and how they can be used in an app:
- FastCV API – Library of the most frequently used CV functions through the FastCV API.
- FastCV Forum – Interact with other developers about how they are using computer vision to enhance their apps.
FastCV only supports Android for now, but Qualcomm plans to make FastCV SDK available to iOS developers in early 2012. You’ll also need to do the development under Windows, as Linux and MacOS are not currently supported.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|