Marcello Lioy, Director engineering at Qualcomm Innovation Center, talks about AllJoyn open source project at then Android Builder Summit in February 2012:
Description of AllJoyn project:
AllJoyn is a peer-to-peer technology that enables ad hoc, proximity-based, device-to-device communication without the use of an intermediary server.
True peer-to-peer communications without the traditional barriers
- Simple device and service discovery
- Security framework for authenticated and encrypted communications per application/service
- Managed networking and message routing
- Object-oriented programming model
Optimized for the mobile embedded environment
- Low latency
- Header compression
- Reliable and unreliable transport
- Point-to-multipoint communications
Potential applications of the technology include
- Multi-player gaming
- Social media sharing
- Multi-user productivity tools
AllJoyn is part of Qualcomm Android development tools.
I could not find the presentation slides for this particular talk.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|