Two weeks ago, Archos released the first firmware for Archos 80 G9 / 101 G9 and A70B supporting Android 4.0.3 (ICS), so it was likely a new one would soon follow to fix a few bugs.
Here’s the ChangeLog:
Version 4.0.5 – March 22nd, 2012
- Wi-Fi: fix slow throughput and disconnections happening on some access points
- HDMI: solve no sound or no video output issue on some TVs
- Bluetooth: make sure Bluetooth does not prevent device suspend
- VPN: fix VPN connection failing
- Touchscreen: avoid loss of first finger touch while tapping with second finger
The update should be done automatically OTA, but alternatively the firmware can be downloaded at http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_4.0.5/firmware_archos_it4.aos
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.