Reader onebir tipped me about a low cost Intel Atom based PC on Aliexpress with some decent specs. Kingdel NC270 PC is based on Intel Atom N270 processor @ 1.6 Ghz with 2 GB RAM and 8 GB SSD. It is capable of decoding 720p HD video and features lots of ports which could make it a good entry-level digital signage player among other things.
- Processor – Intel Atom n270
- System Memory – 2 GB (in most places, but it’s also written 1GB in one place in the description)
- Storage – 8GB SSD (16GB and 320GB version is also available)
- 10/100 Ethernet
- WiFi (optional?)
- Serial Ports – female DB-25, compatible SPP, ECP and EPP | male DB-9, compatible FIFO prefix = st1 16C550
- 2 PS/2 port (mouse, keyboard)
- USB – 6 USB host 2.0 ports
- 1x PCI slot
- Video Output – VGA port | Composite
- Audio – Speaker output and Microphone input.
- Power Supply – Input: 100-140V and 200-260V, 45-65Hz; Output: 12V,48W; external 48W AC adapter
- Dimensions – 21 x 14 x 4 cm
Kingdel NC270 comes pre-installed with Windows XP Embedded and software to use it as a thin client with support for Citrix ICA and Microsoft RDP 6.1. But since this is an x86 platform you could also install other version of Windows (XP/Vista/7) and/or Linux distributions instead.
The device sells for around $132 on Aliexpress including shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|