XBMCHUB has announced the launch of a giveaway to promote XBMCHUB.com and expand this community that provides third party add-ons for XBMC, and the most active members of the community will get one of the 4 Jynxbox Android HD media players available. But before going into details about XBMCHUB “competition”, let’s have a look at the hardware.
- SoC – Amlogic AML8726-M3 Cortex A9 CPU @ 1.2GHz with Mali 400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM DDR3
- Storage – 4GB Nand Flash + MicroSD slot (Up to 32GB)
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 Host ports
- Wifi – 802.11b/g/n
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Video Output – HDMI 1.3
- Misc – IR Sensor for remote
- Video container formats – AVI, MKV, TS, TP, TRP, M2TS, MPG, MP4, MOV, M4V, VOB, IFO, DAT, WMV, ASF, RM, RMVB, FLV, XVID, DIVX 3/4/5 up to 1080p resolution
- Audio formats – MP3/ OGG/ WMA/ WAV/ AAC/ FLAC
- Audio codecs – MP2/3, OGG Vorbis, WMA, WAV, WMA PRO, PCM LPCM, MS-ADPCM, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, COOK, RA-Lossless, RM/RMVB 8/9/10
- Dimensions – 100 x 100 x 17 mm
- Weight – 160g
Jynxbox Android HD runs Android 4.0.4, supports XBMC with hardware accelerated video decoding, and you can connect a USB ATSC Tuner, USB keyboard/mouse, a USB Bluetooth dongle, etc.. to extend the capabilities of the device.
The media players comes with with a 2.4Ghz motion remote with Gyro (So the IR sensor might be kind of useless), and a 120V/240V A/C power adapter. It can be bought directly on Jynxbox website for $119.99 + $20 shipping, or on Aliexpress for the same price but with slightly cheaper shipping (at least to Thailand). You may be better off going with Mygica A11 instead which has similar specs (it could even be the same hardware…) and is sold for ~$65, especially if you already have a 2.4GHz gyro remote control. I’m not sure about ATSC Tuner support in the Mygica firmware however.
But if you want to get a change to get it for free, you should to go to XBMCHUB forums and enter one and more of the four contests:
- Show your XBMC setup on Facebook. Winner selected at random.
- Tweet your XBMC setup to @XBMCHUBCOM with #freetvcontest tag. Winner selected at random.
- Most valuable member. The winner will be the member who begins to show the most improvement in participation on the forums during the contest period. Criteria include number of new posts, post quality percentage, and follow up on technical support, so don’t expect to be spamming your way to a free device.
- Forum signature on other forums. If you’re an active member of other forums, you can put a link to XBMC in your signature, and the winner will be decided based on the amount of referrals among other things (not very clear to me).
You can participate in all four contests if you wish. One Jynxbox Android HD will be given per contest, and you have until January 31st, 2013 at Midnight New York Time to enter. Good Luck!
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|