I’ve been asked by several people when there would be a Mele with 1GB RAM, well the time is now, with the Mele A1000G and Mele A2000G. Both appear to be based on the previous Mele A1000 and Mele A2000 set-top boxes, but feature 1 GB RAM and 8 GB Flash instead of 512 MB RAM and 4 GB Flash.
Here are Mele A1000G & Mele A2000G Specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner A10 Cortex A8 processor @ 1GHz
- System Memory – 1 GB DDR3
- Storage: 8GB NAND Flash SD card slot (up to 32 GB)
- Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g
- 10/100 MB Ethernet
- USB – 3 USB Host ports
- SATA Interface for 2.5″ HDD
- Video Output – HDMI, composite and VGA.
- Audio Output – RCA stereo output and optical out (SPDIF)
- Audio Formats – MP3 / WMA / WAV / OGG / FLAC / MKA
- Video Formats – TS / M2TS / TP / MKV / MP4 / MOV / AVI / RM / RMVB / WMV / VOB /ASF / FLV / DAT / MPG / MPEG
- Video Codecs – HD/MPEG1/2/4, H.264, HD AVC/VC-1, RM/RMVB/XVID/DIVX4 x 5 x 6, REALVIDEO9/9/10, VP6
- Picture Formats – JPG / JPEG / BMP / GIF / PNG
The set-top boxes are currently running Android 4.0 (ICS). I assume they are just has hackable as the Mele A1000 and A2000, and you can easily connect a debug board to access the serial console (TBC), and/or insert an SD card to boot to your favorite Linux distributions.
The package includes the Mele, an IR remote control, a composite cable (Audio + Video) or an HDMI cable (depending where you buy), a power supply and a user manual in Chinese and English. The only difference I see between the two boxes is the casing, and the Mele A1000G (like the Mele A1000) includes a case for a 2.5″ hard drive.
Both Android media players are available for around $100 on dealextreme (Mele A1000G $107.10 | Mele A2000G $106) and Aliexpress (Mele A1000G $99.90 | Mele A2000G $102.10). Prices include shipping via China Post or Hong Kong Post.
Thanks to mj.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.