Most media players just look like a boring black or white box, but Tronsmart Prometheus proves it does not have to be that way, as this model comes in the shape of a spaceship. This box running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is based on AMLogic AML8726-M6 dual core Cortex A9 processor with 1GB RAM and 4GB Flash.
Here are the specs of this
spaceship media player:
- SoC – AMLogic AML8726-M6 Dual Core up to 1.5GHz with Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + SD card slot
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45)
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 Host ports. N.B: The specs mentions 3x USB outside, and 2x USB inside. But after a closer inspection of the casing and PCBA pictures, I can only shows 3 ports.
- Video output – HDMI and composite
- Video Codecs – MPEG-2, H.264,MPEG-4,VC-1… at 1080P
- Audio Codecs – MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV,…
The box is sold with a power adapter, a user manual, and a mini HDMI Cable. Tronsmart Prometheus runs Android 4.1.2, and some sellers claim it can support hardware video decoding with XBMC.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|