It also features integration of the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast standard into the WonderMedia SmartStream for support of DMR (Digital Media Renderer) and wireless display functionalities over standard compliant and legacy WiFi direct and WiFi devices in both embedded and Android environments.
PRIZM WM8980 Key Features:
- 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 Dual-Core processor
- ARM Mali-400 Dual-Processor GPU
- Multi-standard 1080p video decoding engine
- H.264 video encoding
- DDR3/LPDDR2 SDRAM interface
- Multiple video interface including HDMI, LVDS, DVI and DVO up to 1920×1080 @60Hz
- Flexible networking and peripheral interface
- Advanced hardware security engine
- Android 4.1/4.2 and above, Embedded Linux and Windows CE7
WonderMedia does not provide details about their SDK and/or reference designs publicly, so you have to contact them for details. The kernel and u-boot source code WM8950 is available in github (for VIA Paper PC and Rock board), but I’m not sure to what extend it could be used with WM8980.
WonderMedia PRIZM WM8980 samples are available now and mass production is expected to start in Q1 2013. Further information can be found on the Prizm WM8980 product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.