SECO mITX GPU DEVKIT is a GPU computing development kit that provides a Mini-ITX Qseven 2.0 carrier board (SECO mITX Carrier Board) with a Nvidia Tegra 3 powered Qseven SoM (QuadMo747-X/T30). The carrier board provides a PCI-e x16 connector (PCI Express x4) intended to allow the connection of CUDA 5 enabled desktop graphics boards. Embedded Control Europe reports that the platform will support Nvidia Kayla platform.
The main specifications of the platform are as follows:
- CPU – Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad-Core ARM Cortex A9
- GPU – TBD. But you should be able to insert Nvidia graphics card via the PCI-e x16 connector (PCI Express x4) on the mini-ITX board
- Memory – 2 GB
- Storage – 4 GB eMMC + 1x SATA 2.0 Connector
- Network – 1x Gigabit Ethernet
- USB – 3x USB 2.0 + 1 OTG port
- Display – HDMI
The platform will support Linux Ubuntu , as well as CUDA Tool Kit. The company already provides documentation for the carrier board and Q7 module, and links to the bootloader (U-Boot) and the Linux kernel source will be available soon.
This development kit is available for 349 Euros excluding taxes for professional use only, i.e. not for individuals / hobbyists. You can find more information on Seco’s GPU development kit page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.