Toradex, a Swiss technology company specialized in embedded systems, will be at Embedded World 2012 to showcase their products and technology including:
- An Embedded Computer Kit with Colibri T20 (Nvidia Tegra 2 Computer on Module) and Iris carrier board.
- Instant boot demo (480 ms) in WinCE with their NVidia COM
- The new Colibri T30 COM powered by Nvidia Tegra 3 (Quad-core Cortex A9 processor)
At the conference, they will give away 100 Embedded Computer Kits (they also call it “Performance Kit”) based on Colibri T20 and Iris board to the attendees who give 20 Euros to the Red Cross. The regular price of this kit is 200 Euros. This embedded module comes preloaded with Windows Embedded Compact 7 , but you can download the Linux BSP and update the board firmware.
- Dual Core Nvidia Tegra 2 ARM Cortex A9 Processor @ 1 Ghz
- 256 MB / 512 MB RAM (depending on model)
- 512 MB / 1 GB Flash (depending on model)
- Full HD 1080p Video (Encode / Decode)
- Powerful 3D Rendering Performance
- True Dual Display
- Up to 12 Megapixel Camera Sensor Support
You watch Toradex teaser video for Embedded Word 2012 below.
You can find more information on the Colibri T20 including the schematics, BOM, WinCE and Linux BSPs on Toradex Colibri modules page. Colibri T30 has not been officially announced yet, and I could not find any information on this new Tegra 3 module.
Finally the company has setup a developer website with lots of software and hardware resources for their products. There is also a community forum (that did not work at the time I tried).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.