Kontron has today unveiled the KTT30/mITX, its first embedded ARM based Mini-ITX board (and the first ARM mini-ITX board I’ve ever heard of). The motherboard is powered by Nvidia Tegra 3 quad core processor @ 900 MHz with up to 2 GB DDR3L memory, and consumes less than 7W. Storage is available via 2 SD Card slots, one bootable eMMC, and one SATA 2.0 port. The company expects this ARM Mini-ITX motherboard to be used in applications such as thin clients, Panel PCs, digital signage and Mini-Box PCs. The solution is also suitable for industrial (rail road, instrumentation…) and medical fields as it will be available for at least seven years.
By using the Mini-ITX form factor, Kontron KTT30/mITX board can be easily integrated in existing embedded solutions using (x86) mini-ITX boards.
Here are the key features of Kontron KTT30/mITX motherboard:
- SoC – Nvidia Tegra 3 ARM Cortex-A9 Quad Core 900MHz Processor with Graphics Ultra low power NVIDIA GeForce GPU (enhanced 3D capabilities; 1080p H264 MPEG-4 encoding/decoding Video Processor)
- Memory – DRAM Up to 2 GB DDR3L memory down
- Video output – Support for 3 independent displays to the following outputs:
- HDMI 1.4a (up to 1920×1080 pixel)
- 24 bit LVDS (up to 2048×1536 pixel @ 18bpp)
- DSI (up to 1440×900 @ 18bpp),
- Audio I/O – Line in/out/mic, S/PDIF in/out (electrical)
- Extensions – 1x mPCIe, 1x mPCIe/mSATA, 1x mPCIe for 3G (oboard SIM socket) and 2x SD card
- Power consumption – < 7W
- USB – 3x port USB 2.0, 2x Type A and 1x Micro (supports also device mode)
- Serial port – 2x RS232 (1x 8wire RS232 port and 1x port which can be used either as cc-talk or 4wire RS232)
- Ethernet – 1x 10/100/1000 Ethernet Controller
- Camera – CSI/DSI/12-bit par. Camera input
- Mass Storage – 2x SD Card, 1x eMMC ( Bootable), 1x SATA 2.0
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (mini-ITX)
- Operating temp. 0°C to 60°C
There are also optional additions such as a system fan connector (5V), a touch screen connector, and a “feature” connector with 18 GPIOs, case open, external RTC battery, power state indicators, 3 MIPI connectors (1x DSI, 1x CSI, 1x either DSI oder CSI).
KTT30/mITX embedded motherboard currently supports Android and Linux.
The board is available now, at an undisclosed price. Further details may be available on Kontron KTT30/mITX page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|