Earlier this month, AllWinner exhibited many devices from their customers at the Hong Kong Fair, including an Android game console called iben GamePad. There are now more details about this gaming device, one of them being there are three models:
- Game Pad L1-B – Based on AllWinner A20 – $110 per unit for 500 pieces order. Available in May.
- Game Pad L1-C – Based on AllWinner A31 – $150 per unit for 500 pieces order. Available in May.
- Transformer Game Pad L2 – Same as L1-C except the actual gamepad is detachable, so you can just use it as a normal tablet when you don’t play. Available in June.
Game Pad L1-C / L2 Specifications:
- SoC – AllWinner A31 Quad-Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU + PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB flash + microSD slot
- Display – 7″ touch screen (5pts), IPS display. Resolution: 1280×800
- Video Output – HDMI v1.4
- Video Decoding – UHD H.264 4Kx2K
- Audio – 2x 1w stereo speaker, MIC with noise cancellation, and earphone jack. Integrated Hi-Fi 100dB audio codec.
- Camera – 0.3MP (or 2.0MP?) front camera, 5.0MP rear camera
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v2.1 and 3G WCDMA
- Misc – 3-axis G-sensor, Vibrator
- USB – 1x micro USB port
- Battery – 5500mA
This Android 4.1 game console is said to support 8 emulators: FC/NES, SFC/SNES, MD/Genesis, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo 64, Playstation 1, and PSP. There’s also a “Virtual Key Mapping” function in order to define the control for each game.
Watch the video below from armdevices.net to see Game Pad L1-C in action.
Visit iben Gamepad page for more information.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|