Almost exactly one year ago, I wrote about MINI X (aka MINI XPlus H24, or MK805), an Android 2.3 media player powered by AllWinner A10 with 4GB flash and 512MB Flash, and it sold for $77.50. Today, I’ve come across an updated version, called MK805 II or MINI XPlus H34, with AllWinner A20 dual core SoC, 1GB RAM, 4GB Flash, and running Android 4.2.2.
- SoC- AllWinner A20 dual core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.2GHz + Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB NAND Flash + micro SD card slot
- Connectivity – Built-in WiFi 802.11b/g/n, and firmware is said to support external USB Ethernet and 3G dongles.
- Video Output – HDMI 1.3 (1080p) + AV
- Video Codecs – MPEG1/2/4, H.264, HD AVC, VC-1, Divx, Xvid, RealVideo8/9/10, VP6
- Video Container Formats – MKV, TS, TP, M2TS, RM/RMVB, AVI, MPG, VOB, DAT, ASF, TRP, FLV
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 Host and 1x full size USB OTG ports.
- Misc – IR sensor
- Power DC – 5V
- Dimensions – 60 x 60 x 13 mm
- Weight – 50g
The device comes with an HDMI cable (1.40m), an AV cable (1m), a Wi-Fi antenna, a 5V power adapter + cable, and a user’s manual in English. It might be interesting for those of you wanting composite output with dual core performance at low price. Even though there’s an IR sensor, this year model does not seem to include a remote control.
It’s running Android 4.2.2, but there seems to be good process on AllWinner A20 boards including Cubieboard 2, Olimex A20-OLinuXino, and Qimod EOMA68-A20 PCMCIA module, as they can all boot Linux with various degrees of success. There are still a few issues to work on, but some workable image will probably be available later this month, and I’m sure Linux will soon show on AllWinner A20 STBs as well
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|