We’ve got a another full-sized Android set-top box featuring Rockchip RK3188 quad core processor, this time with not one, but two external Wi-Fi antennas, as well as the usual 2GB RAM, and Android 4.2 operating system.
Here are the specifications of the device:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 up to 1. 8 GHz with Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 to 16GB Flash + 1x SD card
- Video Output – HDMI, and AV
- Audio Output – HDMI, AV, and optical S/PDIF
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with 2 external Wi-Fi antennae
- USB – Micro USB OTG + 4x (or is it 2x?) USB host ports
- Power & reset buttons
The device should be available within 20 days in China, but the product looks very similar to another Kaiboer STB based on RK3066 and selling for 519 RMB ($84), so it’s unlikely it will eventually cost the 1200 RMB ($195) shown by one seller in Taobao. I guess within one month or so, It will show up in sites such as Aliexpress or GeekBuying.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|