Mediatek MT6572 is a new dual core Cortex A7 processor with a Mali-400 GPU, as well as a HSPA+/TD-SCDMA modem. This SoC announced last month, is now starting to show up in low cost smartphones such as Cubot GT72. The phone is said to run Android 4.2.2, comes with a 4″ display, and 256MB RAM, and 512MB flash.
Here are the specifications of this phone:
- SoC – Mediatek MTK6572 dual core cortex A7 @ 1.2GHz + Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 256MB RAM
- Storage – 512MB Flash + micro SD card slot (up to 16 GB)
- Display – 4.0″ TFT capacitive (2 points) touch screen (800×480) with 260K colors
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.0, built-in GPS
- Network – GSM 900/1800MHz, dual SIM card slot.
- Camera – 3MP rear camera with flash light, and 2MP front camera
- Audio – 3.5mm earphone jack
- Misc – Gravity sensor, FM Radio
- Battery – 1300mAh
- Dimensions – 126 x 65 x 10mm
- Weight – 120g with battery
Cube GT72 comes with one battery, a USB cable, a charger, and a user’s manual. That’s a lot of features for such a cheap device, too bad most of them will probably be unusable with 256 MB RAM, and 512 MB flash. If it is there, Google Play will be useless, as you won’t have enough space to install anything.
The “Android 4.2” claim is probably bogus, or they must have done lots of “optimizations” and feature cutting, but most probably the device just runs an earlier version (Android 2.3?). You may be interested in Android 4.2 minimum hardware requirements (for Google certification?) for memory and storage, according to sections 7.6.1 and 7.6.2 of Android 4.2 Compatibility Definition:
Device implementations MUST have at least 340MB of memory available to the kernel and userspace. The 340MB MUST be in addition to any memory dedicated to hardware components such as radio, video, and so on that is not under the kernel’s control.
Device implementations MUST have at least 350MB of non-volatile storage available for application private data. That is, the /data partition MUST be at least 350MB.
Device implementations MUST offer shared storage for applications. The shared storage provided MUST be at least 1GB in size.
The device does not meet any of the three requirements above.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|