In an HDMI TV stick market now dominated by Rockchip RK3066 and RK3188 based devices, Reko QT800 is one of the rare AllWinner A20 mini PCs. It comes with 1 GB RAM, 4 to 8 GB flash, as well as dual band Wi-Fi (2.4/5.0Ghz) that is said to support up a Wi-Fi connection up to 300Mbps.
Reko QT800 Specifications:
- SoC – Allwinner A20 dual core Cortex A7 @ 1.5GHz (yeah, right… 1GHz is more like it) with Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4 to 8 GB Nand Flash + micro SD slot (up to 32 GB)
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (2.4/5.0 GHz – 300 Mbps)
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4 (1080p)
- USB – 1x micro USB OTG port, 1x micro USB port for power, and 1x USB 2.0 Host port
- Button – Recovery button
- Dimensions – 106*33*14mm
- Weight – 34g
The devices runs Google Android 4.2.2, and according to one seller on Taobao, and a few other Chinese websites, QT800 is said to support DLNA, Airplay, and Miracast (with a special ROM???), and dual band Wi-Fi with support for 300Mbps connection. This latter claim, even if true, may not bring much performance improvement.
I can’t find if the device comes with cables and power supply, since none of the sellers thought it might be a useful indication… Sellers on Aliexpress do not mention dual band Wi-Fi, 300Mbps claim, nor Airplay support, and sell it for about $44 including shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.