Emcraft Systems has recently announced Vybrid VF6 SoM, a System-on-Module powered by Freescale Vybrid VF6 dual core Cortex A5/Cortex M4 SoC with 128MB DDR3, and 512MB Flash, as well as a starter kit composed of VF6 SoM and a carrier board.
Emcraft VF6 System-on-Module specifications:
- SoC – Freescale Vybrid VF6 dual-core microprocessor with the ARM Cortex-A5 (up to 500 MHz) and Cortex-M4 cores (up to 167 MHz). Either MVF61NN151CMK50 (No Security), or MVF61NS151CMK50 (with Security).
- System Memory – 128 MBytes DDR3 SDRAM;
- Storage – Up to 512 MBytes NAND Flash, 32 MBytes dual QSPI Flash;
- Connectivity – Two 10/100 Ethernet interfaces with L2 switch;
- External interfaces using two 80-pin 0.4 mm-pitch connectors:
- Two USB 2.0 OTG interfaces
- Serial console interface at the UART CMOS levels;
- JTAG interface to the Vybrid VF6
- TFT LCD interface
- Synchronous audio interface (SAI) supporting I2S, AC97 and CODEC/DSP interfaces
- Multiple serial digital (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, SDHC) and analog (12-bit ADC, 12-bit DAC) interfaces of the Vybrid VF6 MCU
- Misc – Watchdog Timer (WDT), Real-Time Clock (RTC)
- Dimensions – Compact mezzanine module (30 mm x 57 mm)
- Power Supply – single +3.3 V
Emcraft supports Linux as an operating system for the Vybrid Cortex-A5 processor core and MQX as an RTOS for the Cortex-M4 processor core. The company provides a starter kit guide publicly, as well as a software development environment (U-Boot firmware, Linux kernel, busybox and other target components, a Linux-hosted cross-development environment for both Linux and MQX, and a framework for developing multiple projects including sample projects), and pre-built Linux and MQX images for download to their customers in VF6-SOM software page.
VF6 SOM Starter kit is composed of VF6 SOM board, TWR-VF6-SOM-BSB baseboard, and a Mini-USB cable UART/power interface. It can be used in standalone mode, or as part of Freescale Tower system.
VF6 SOM is available now and pricing starts at $49 per unit in 1k unit quantities for the low-end configuration (128 MB RAM, 128 MB NAND Flash, 1x Ethernet PHY). The starter kit is available for $179. You may find more information on Emcraft VF6-SOM page.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|