Direct Insight, a British company, has recently announced the TRITON-TX6Q, a SODIMM system-on-module based on Freescale’s iMX6Q quad core Cortex-A9 processor running at 1 GHz with 1 to 2GB RAM and 128 MB flash. This module targets embedded applications including medical devices, digital signage, and industrial multimedia products.
Here are the TRITON-TX6Q specifications:
- SoC – Freescale i.MX6Q 4x ARM Cortex-A9 up to 1GHz + Vivante GC2000, GC355 and GC320 graphics co-processors
- System Memory – 1GB or 2GB 64-bit DDR3 @ 1066MHz
- Storage – 128MB NAND Flash, 2 SD card receptacles on baseboard
- Display Connection – LCD controller 24-bit parallel up to 1080p, dual LVDS (optional). Resistive & capactive touch screen support.
- Connectivity – Ethernet 10/100 BaseT with PHY on module.
- USB – USB Host + USB OTG
- Peripherals and Interfaces:
- Up to 5x UART (RS232) with pin sharing
- 2x I2C, 1x 1-wire and 2x SPI interfaces
- SSP (synchronous serial /digital audio): 2 on headers
- Analog audio: codec on baseboard
- 2x CAN
- PCI Express
- PWM controller
- 8×8 keypad
- JTAG: 20-pin header on baseboard
- 2 camera interfaces
- DS1339 RTC
- Temperature range – -45 to 80 Celsius degrees.
- Dimensions – 67.6mm x 31mm x 4.2mm (SODIMM)
The company provides the StarterKit-5 baseboard with optional touchscreens (640×480 or 800×600) for development, and supports Windows Embedded Compact 7 (CE 7) or Linux 3.x for this module.
Direct Insight makes full schematics of the baseboard available in order to facilitate development of a custom baseboard by customers. StartketKit-5 baseboard is pin-to-pin compilable with all Freescale modules (i.MX5 to the latest i.MX6 SoM) manufactured by the company, and system-on-modules based on Freescale have a 10-year-plus lifetime.
TRITON-TX6Q modules should be available in Q1 2013 at an undisclosed price, but as reference TRITON-TX53Q modules cost 155 GBP per unit (~$250 US), and the StartkerKit-5 baseboard is available for 745 GBP (~$1200 US) without display.
You can find more information on TRITON-TX6Q page.
Via: Embedded Star
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|