Due to the end of year celebration, Linaro release is a little earlier at this time, and Linaro 13.12 has already been released with Linux Kernel 3.13-rc3 (baseline), Linux Kernel 3.10.24 (LSK), Android 4.4, and Ubuntu Linaro 13.12, which for the first time is based on Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander.
Other interesting development include an initial arm64 Ubuntu saucy rootfs (that one?), work to support octa-core 4x Cortex A53, 4x Cortex A57 SoCs, an Android 4.4 KitKat LEB for the Galaxy Nexus, and ARMv8 LSK and Nexus7_2013-AOSP builds have been setup and Android can be now built using llvm-clang toolchain with the related patches submitted to upstream.
On a related note, there are also some Midway and Highbank engineering build images for Calxeda server processors, which may not be that useful going forward, as unfortunately the company has just closed door after running out of cash.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Linaro Stable Kernel 3.10.24-2013.12
- big.LITTLE support – ARM MP patch set,IKS
- ARMv8 features – CPU frequency scaling, CPU topology
- Power efficient workqueue support
- Android v3.10 patch set from AOSP
- Interactive scheduler enhancements for big.LITTLE
- ARMv8 4xA57 4xA53 FVP and Versatile Express TC2 support
- Linux Linaro 3.13-rc3-2013.12 released
- Gator version 5.16 (same version as in 13.10 release)
- New linaro-android-3.13-merge topic by John Stultz
- IKS topics removed, as the code has been accepted into the mainline
- Uprobes updated to v4
- Updated big-LITTLE-pmu topic from ARM LT
- Updated basic Capri board support from Broadcom LT (Kona PWM controller and backlight support added, bcm_defconfig updated)
- Updated big endian topic
- Updated topic to support K3V2 board from Hisilicon LT
- Updated Versatile Express patches from ARM LT
- VExpress64 support (FVP Base and Foundation models)
- Config fragments changes – Arndale config fragment updated for 3.13 kernel to get USB (and hence the ethernet) working again, CONFIG_IP[V6]_NF_TARGET_MASQUERADE=m added to distribution.conf for libvirt/openstack, WiFi driver enabled in panda.conf (Panda 4460 only), and capri.conf created for the Broadcom Capri board
- Linaro OpenEmbedded baseline updates
- OpenDataPlane recipe added
- Linaro Powerdebug recipe added
- ACPICA updated to 20131115
- Initscript for Gator added
- Linaro Ubuntu baseline updates
- Upgraded baseline to Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander)
- Initial Ubuntu ARM64 rootfs is available
- Linaro Android baseline updates – Upgraded baseline to Android 4.4r2
- Linaro UEFI 2013.12 released – Rebased to Tianocore EDK2 SVN revision 14795
- Linaro PM-QA 0.4.6-2013.12 released – cpuhotplug test: wait for udev manager to start,cpufreq test: for per-policy governor case, check different paths
Visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1312/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB and community builds, Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain (GCC / Qemu) components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|