Shenzhen AW Technology Co Ltd, a company specializing in home entertainment equipment development, manufacturing, and sales, has just informed me they’ve released Android 4.4.2 SDK (Software Development Kit) for four Rockchip RK3188 devices, namely MK908, MK908 II, MK918, and A9. If you’ve never heard about A9, it looks very similar to the upcoming ZERO Devices Z6C.
- MK908 Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: lvlb
- MK908 II Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: wpwa
- MK918 Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: kafo
- A9 II Android 4.4.2 SDK – password: f1zb
Each download section is composed of three files. For MK908, we’ll get:
- rk3188_4.4.2_without_kernel_20131230.tar.gz (3.85GB) – The Android SDK itself without Linux kernel
- kernel_mk908_20131230.tar.gz – The kernel source code
I haven’t completed the download yet, but the readme explains how to use build Android, and flash the SDK:
- After upzip these two parts, copy the Kernel to SDK’s directory.
- Build the Kernel – Go to kernel directory, and run ‘make kernel.img’
- Build the whole SDK – Go into the SDK directory, and run ‘./3188.sh’
- The resulting image is in ./rockdev/Image.
- The flash tool for Windows is in ./RKTools/windows.
Please note these files do not contain firmware, just the source code to build the firmware, and if you’re not a developer, these will not be useful to you.
The company also told me they would launch an Oca core Android media player around the 15th of January, but did not provide further details for now.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
37 Replies to “Android 4.4.2 KitKat SDK Released for Rockchip RK3188 mini PCs: MK908, MK908 II, MK918 and A9”
To download SDk from these links are hard for us, Since it is chines.
Could you please post same into some other file sharing website, After you download.
I have some issue myself at the download has been interrupted, and I could only download the kernel part. Provided I managed to complete a download, uploading a 4GB file would take several days with my ADSL connection, so I can’t really help with mirroring the download here.
Starting the download is not complicated. After inputting the password, tick the directory name, and click on the download button (on the right) as shown in http://www.cnx-software.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Download_RK3188_SDK.jpg
You need to download the baidu download manager, it’s in chinese. These files are big for “manual” download.
I have this from some days ago… even just now I’m unpacking one of them
Sources for RK3188? Did Rockchip finally get reasonable? What’s next, sources for MTK SOCs?
Shouldnt the MK918 be CX918? There is no MK918 I can find….
Of course it was NOT released by Rockchip, these SDK was released by design house and hope our comunity can use to improve our devices.
Kernel for MK908:
Will upload android source too later.
@Someone from the other side MK918 or CX918 are the same as . Tomato sells these (among others?). See http://www.sztomato.cn/product/1556101908-220612375/CS918_MK918_K_R42_Android_4_2_2_2gb_ram_8gb_rom_rk3188.html
Thanks for the mirroring.
MK908 Android SDK:
what about rk3066 no kitkat release???!!!! 🙁
are any major bugs with this one android 4.4.2 last one was too buggy and the image is sooo big why is that thanks
Z4C, MK908, MK908II, MK918… all of them will be updated to 4.4.2 KitKat along this month.
Here is a faster download source for kernel and SDK for MK908:
hey guys ?? bit confused i downloaded it and have trouble extracting it. also what is this is a installer img or android sdk thanks
Did you read the post? 🙂
“Please note these files do not contain firmware, just the source code to build the firmware, and if you’re not a developer, these will not be useful to you.”
I have downloaded SDK from link given by Gabe. While extracting, getting error ” tar: Unexpected EOF in archive”
It’s probably because the download failed to complete. I’ve used Gabe link to download the SDK and I can open the file.
Downloaded and tried to compile in Ubuntu but getting make errors. Anyone else?
This is an Android SDK, the kernel won’t just work “as-is” with Ubuntu.
Install all the required packages on your UBUNTU and compile with GCC included in the Android sdk Gabe provided.
Sorry, I misinterpreted your question….
Providing error messages or a link to pastebin.com with your build log could help.
What about the MK809III?
I have finally downloaded and build images. But after flashing into my MK908, It is not even booting and hung with Android toy with Red mark on display.
Any one tried this on MK908.
While building kernel image, is it not required to use any config file to build it. I don’t see any command for this in README file.
I try use this kernel with mk908v5 – fail.
pdk, how did you try it? did it ignore your kernel and boot the old one or it did something else? can you post logs using pastebin or something like that?
I got it to build in the end. The supplied .config didn’t seem to work so I recreated a default via make
1) I flash CX-919 4.4.2 Finless 2.0 BETA – all work fine
2) I replace fs to linuxium-ubuntu1204-desktop-rfs.img – ubuntu work fine
3) I replace kernel to kernel from this SDK – fail ( black hdmi screen, I can’t test uart output now )
4) I replace kernel to kernel from omegamoon – fail..
Does anyone have a link for the MK908II download? I haven’t had any joy with the baidu download process.
@ran, if you are on Windows, then
1. register on baidu.com with help from google.translate (or just use Chrome).
2. try to download from links in this post, Baidu Download Manager (or whatever it’s called) will be downloaded, install it
3. when it’s installed and started, login. As you might guess, two upper fields are login/password, and the third one is captcha
4. now, whenever you click on baidu download link, this app will be launched and start download
Worked for, I’ve been able to start download in 5 minutes
Has anyone managed to build MK918 image ?
I’ve encountered a lot of errors (like misspelled filenames in makefiles, missing headers, both in the kernel and SDK).
The newest one is a linker error:
out/target/product/rk3188/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libext_intermediates/initext.c:73: error: undefined reference to ‘libxt_connmark_init’
So I guess, I’ll have to go through makefiles and figure where should I add LOCAL_LDLIBS or maybe fix a filename. Which is no fun, I have to say.
1. Are you sure sources for MK918 are correct ?
2. Will MK908 sources work for MK918 device (probably, I would need to copy something from MK918/hardware/rk29) ?
All the download links are dead.
where can I download MK918 Android 4.4.2 SDK?
I’m not sure where it is available now, but these SDKs may not even run on their supported hardware. Some people tried on MK908, and it failed to even boot.
Very cool, The Rockchip is in our country, 😀 And I’m also a rk3188 Android developer. I’m porting Android4.4 multi windows.
radxa has release the new android kitkat tablet SDK for rk3188 radxa rock pro and radxa rock lite,here