STMicro will unveil an a new development board called M24SR Discovery Kit absed on the company’s M24SR dynamic NFC tags to help designers easily add NFC connectivity to different kind of electrical devices such as fitness bands, loudspeakers, washing machines, water meters, and more.
There are two models for MS24SR Discovery kits: Standard and Premium editions. The Premium editions adds a headset and a Bluetooth module to pair it with a smartphone via NFC. Here are the key features of MS24SR-Discovery board:
- MCU – STM32F103RGT6 64LQFP 32-bit microcontroller, with 1Mbytes of Flash memory
- NFC – M24SR64-Y Dynamic NFC/RFID tag
- Antenna – 31 mm x 30 mm, 13.56 MHz double layer inductive antenna etched on the PCB (ANT14)
- Display – LCD Color Screen (320 x 200 pixels)
- Misc – Different color LEDs, Joystick for menu selection
- Debug – JTAG connector for microcontroller firmware upgrade and debug
- Power – +5V via USB microB connector
- Premium version only:
- Bluetooth module with audio outputs connected to Jack 3.5
The M24SR Discovery Kit can be use to implement NFC applications such as “tap and pair,” URL connection, send an SMS or an email, and business-card download. The company provides antenna reference designs, application notes, eDesignSuite, reference MCU drivers, and an NFC Android App for the board. Support will be available via E2E community.
The standard edition (M24SR-DISCO-STD) will sell for $24, whereas the premium edition (M24SR-DISCO-PREM) will go for $49. You can find the user’s manual, hardware documentation, including gerber files and schematics, as well as download links to tools and software, and links to buy samples on MS24SR-DISCOVERY page. The company will also showcase the solution at Embedded World 2014, on February 25-27, in Nuremberg, Germany, and distribute free M24SR discovery kits to visitors. All you need to do it pre-register for a free sample.