Texas Instruments and Allgo Embedded jointly announced the availability of E-Tab, a tablet reference design based on Cortex A8 Sitara AM3354 processor that targets the healthcare, logistics, retail and education markets as well as hotels and restaurants.
- Processor – TI’s AM3354 ARM Cortex-A8 microprocessor (up to 1 GHz)
- Operating System – Android ICS 4.0
- System Memory – 512 MB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 512 MB Nand Flash and 4GB Micro SD card
- Display – 7″ WVGA TFT LCD with 5-Touch Capacitive Touch panel
- Audio – Stereo Headphone, Internal MIC and Internal Mono Speaker
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + BT 2.1 Module
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Ethernet 10/100Mbps (Optional)
- Camera – Internal USB Camera Module (Optional)
- USB Interfaces – USB High Speed Host Port and USB OTG (ADB and Debug purpose)
- Key/Button – Single Button for Back and Home screen, Reset Switch and Power On/Off Button
- Battery – Li-Ion 3.7V Nom, 3300mAH with protection circuit
- Power – 5V, 2.5A DC Adapter
- Mechanical Casing – Black Color Production quality Casing
Beside Android 4.0, Allgo Embedded also says it can provide BSP for Windows Embedded Compact 7, WinCE 6.x, Android Jelly Bean and Linux/Ubuntu for this tablet, as well as drivers for the target markets including barcode reader, smart card reader, magnetic swipe reader, fingerprint sensor, USB 3G module, Zigbee module and NFC.
The eTAB reference design kit (RDK) is available now and costs $999. This price includes the eTAB tablet hardware, hardware design files, source code, Android 4.0 firmware, and most probably some level of support by AllGo Embedded. The BOM cost of the device is said to be below $70 in 100K quantities. You can find more information on Allgo Embedded E-Tab page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|