Boardcon Technology Limited, a Shenzhen based ODM specializing in industrial boards and modules, has announced their EM4412 single board computer featuring MINI4412 core board powered by Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 SoC a few months ago. The board, with ports such as CAN, RS-485, and a DB9 RS-232 connector, appears to have been designed with industrial applications in mind, such as point-of-sales (PoS), slot machines, car-mounted systems, factory automation, traffic management, and more.
Boardcon EM4412 specifications:
- SoC – Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 cores @ up to 1.6GHz and ARM Mali-400MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB eMMC flash + mini? / micro SD card slot
- HDMI 1.4 – Up to 1080p30
- 24-bit RGB parallel LCD interface
- Optional 4.3″, 7″, or 10.1″ch resistive or capacitive touchscreen
- Camera interfaces:
- MIPI-CSI slave (mipi2L CH)
- Optional 2x camera interfaces supporting ITU 601/656 I/F up t o 8192×8192.
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps Ethernet, optional GPS, and WiFi modules
- Cellular – 3G SIM card slot + optional 3G modem
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG, 2x USB 2.0 host ports,
- 4x UARTs (RS-232/RS-485)
- CAN bus
- audio I/O
- 6x I2C, 2x HS-SPI;
- Optional TSI (Touch Sense Input)
- Misc – 14×8 matrix keypad, RTC, reset & user buttons, speaker, and boot switch
- Power Supply – 9-23V DC input
- Dimensions – SBC/Carrier board: 148 x 108.4mm, Mini4412 COM: 65 x 47mm
The company seems to provide somewhat outdated software support. The board supports Android 4.0 with Linux 3.0.15, which is pre-installed in Mini4412 COM, and Boardcon recommends development in VMWARE 7.0 with Ubuntu 10.04 using a toolchain released in 2009. The complete kit comes with the board and CoM, a power adapter, USB, Ethernet and serial cables, and a CD-ROM. There are also several optional accessories: LCDs, GPS module, camera module, Wi-Fi module, and WCDMA module.
The module and development kit appears to be available now, but pricing is not available publicly. You may be able to find more details on Boardcon EM4412 SBC and MINI4412 CoM product pages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.