Boardcon Technology Limited, a Shenzhen based ODM specializing in industrial boards and modules, has announced their EM4412 single board computer featuring MINI4412 core board powered by Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 SoC a few months ago. The board, with ports such as CAN, RS-485, and a DB9 RS-232 connector, appears to have been designed with industrial applications in mind, such as point-of-sales (PoS), slot machines, car-mounted systems, factory automation, traffic management, and more.
Boardcon EM4412 specifications:
- SoC – Samsung Exynos 4412 quad core Cortex A9 cores @ up to 1.6GHz and ARM Mali-400MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3 RAM
- Storage – 4GB eMMC flash + mini? / micro SD card slot
- HDMI 1.4 – Up to 1080p30
- 24-bit RGB parallel LCD interface
- Optional 4.3″, 7″, or 10.1″ch resistive or capacitive touchscreen
- Camera interfaces:
- MIPI-CSI slave (mipi2L CH)
- Optional 2x camera interfaces supporting ITU 601/656 I/F up t o 8192×8192.
- Connectivity – 10/100Mbps Ethernet, optional GPS, and WiFi modules
- Cellular – 3G SIM card slot + optional 3G modem
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 OTG, 2x USB 2.0 host ports,
- 4x UARTs (RS-232/RS-485)
- CAN bus
- audio I/O
- 6x I2C, 2x HS-SPI;
- Optional TSI (Touch Sense Input)
- Misc – 14×8 matrix keypad, RTC, reset & user buttons, speaker, and boot switch
- Power Supply – 9-23V DC input
- Dimensions – SBC/Carrier board: 148 x 108.4mm, Mini4412 COM: 65 x 47mm
The company seems to provide somewhat outdated software support. The board supports Android 4.0 with Linux 3.0.15, which is pre-installed in Mini4412 COM, and Boardcon recommends development in VMWARE 7.0 with Ubuntu 10.04 using a toolchain released in 2009. The complete kit comes with the board and CoM, a power adapter, USB, Ethernet and serial cables, and a CD-ROM. There are also several optional accessories: LCDs, GPS module, camera module, Wi-Fi module, and WCDMA module.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.