The Zebble smartwatch does not look exactly like the Pebble, but it still share lots of the features found in the original watch including a 1.2″ e-paper display with 144×168 resolution, Bluetooth connectivity, similar buttons placements, and sells for nearly half the price of the original Pebble at $79.99 on Chinavasion.
- MCU – Unknown @ 48 MHz
- Display – 1.26″ e-Paper display @ 144×168 with touchscreen
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 3.0
- Misc – Built in Vibrator
- IP ratings – IP67 Waterproof and dustproof
- Battery – 240mAh Li-on. Standby Time: 10 Days.
- Dimensions – 40x222x13 mm (L x W x D)
- Weight – 49g
- Temperature Range – Operating: -10 to +60 Degrees Celsius; Battery charging temperature: 0 to +45 Degrees Celsius
The watch is said to support Android 4.0 and above, without mention of iOS support. It can be used for smartphone sync for texting, or answering a call, for music control, camera control, to get weather information, and it also has fitness functions letting you know your number of steps, the calories you burnt, and distance walked or run. If you lost your phone, you can use your watch to make it ring and find it back.
The device is sold with a USB charging cable and user’s manual. There’s supposed to be an Android app, but it could not find links, and I could not find this Pebble clone on any other website.
Thanks to onebir for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.