In case you find four cores are not quite enough, but eight cores are just too many, Mediatek added MT6591 hexa core processor to its roadmap, and the first phones are starting to be up for pre-order. iNew V8 is an hexa core smartphone with a 5.5″ display, 1GB RAM, 16 GB flash, and an interesting camera that can rotate by up to 210 degrees, and can be used both as a rear and front facing camera. So no more low quality selfies at 2MP, and welcome to 13MP selfies with flash! 🙂
iNew V8 Specifications:
- SoC – Mediatek MT6591T hexa Cortex A7 processor @ 1.5GHz with Mali-450 MP GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 16 GB flash + micro SD slot (up to 16? or 32GB)
- Display – 5.5″ IPS capacitive touchscreen (5 points) with 1280×720 resolution.
- Cellular Network – 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz; 3G: WCDMA 850/2100MHz. Dual SIM Card (including one micro-sim card)
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, and FM radio
- Audio – 3.5mm jack for earphone, microphone and speaker.
- Camera – 13 or 18 MP (depending where you read) rotating camera (207 to 210 degrees) with flash and auto-focus
- USB -1x micro USB OTG
- Battery – 2,400 mAh
- Dimensions – 155 x 77 x 8.30mm (or x 6.8 mm, or x 9.1mm, again depending where you read :))
- Weight – 176g (Including battery)
The phone runs Android 4.4.2, and ships with a 2,400mAh battery, a USB cable, a screen protector, a charger, and multilingual user’s manual. Pandawill has a video where they show different capabilities of the phone including the rotating camera.
The phone is now available for pre-order, and is expected to ship around mid July. I first got tipped about it by GearBest where they sell it for $250, but it can also be found on Aliexpress and Pandawill for the same price.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.