I’m a little late for that one, as Linaro 14.08 was released last Thursday. Nevertheless, this release features Linux kernel 3.16 (baseline), Linux 3.10.52 (LSK), and Android 4.4.4.
As usual Linaro has worked on member hardware such as Qualcomm based IFC6410 and ARM Juno &Vexpress boards. They’ve also committed changes for LLVM, big Endian, and added a workload generator tool (rt-app) to the Ubuntu and Android image. This tool has been developed and used by the power management working group, presumably to measure and optimize power consumption under various loads.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Linux Linaro 3.16-2014.08
- GATOR version 5.19 (new version)
- updated topic from Qualcomm LT (ifc6410 board support)
- updated Versatile Express ARM64 support (FVP Base and Foundation models, Juno) from ARM LT (Landing Team)
- updated Versatile Express patches from ARM LT
- updated LLVM topic (follows the community llvmlinux-latest branch)
- Big endian support (the 2014.05 topic version rebased to 3.16 kernel)
- config fragments changes: CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y added to linaro-base.conf. This is needed to get the debug package containing vmlinux to be built, and vmlinux is required to run perf.
- Linaro Toolchain Binaries 2014.08 – Based on GCC 4.9, and updated to latest Linaro TCWG releases:
- Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.08
- Linaro EGLIBC 2.19-2014.08
- Linaro binutils 2.24-2014.08
- Linaro GDB 7.8-2014.08
- Linaro Android 14.08 – Built with Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.08
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2014.08
- integrated Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.08, Linaro EGLIBC 2.19-2014.08, Linaro binutils 2.24-2014.08, and Linaro GDB 7.8-2014.08
- added rt-app (contributed from Power Management WG)
- updated GATOR to 5.19, LSK kernels, and QEMU to 2.1.0
- fixed boot wrapper build
- fixed kexec-tools
- fixed udev startup script to fix mysql launch failure
- updated PM QA to 0.4.12
- fixed PHP build
- fixed hugetlbfs
- Linaro Ubuntu 14.08
- added rt-app
- updated packages: GATOR 5.19, LSK 3.10.52/3.14.16 and linux-linaro 3.16 kernels.
- KVM ARMv8 Continuous Integration and Testing is completed
- Make debug symbols available for Versatile Express ALIP image
You can visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1408/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB, LMB (Linaro Member Builds), and community builds, as well as Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|