I’ve only seen Qualcomm SoC in smartphones and tablets, as well as their own development boards, but Inforce Computing has just changed that thanks to IFC6410 single-board computer powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 quad core krait processor @ 1.7GHz. This Pico-ITX SBC comes with 2GB RAM and 4GB eMMC flash, HDMI out, Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi and more.
Here are the specifications of this board:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 Quad Core Processor (1.7GHz) + Adreno 320 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB on-board PCDDR3, up to 533MHz
- Storage – 4GB eMMC + μSD card connector + SATA interface
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (Atheros QCA6234)
- Bluetooth 4.0 (Atheros QCA6234)
- 10/100/1000bps Ethernet (Atheros 8151)
- Video and Audio Interfaces:
- μHDMI (1080p)
- MIPI-CSI2 (4-lane, up to 20MP camera)
- HD Audio and Mic-in
- USB – 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB OTG
- Misc I/O – 1x I2C, 1x SPI, 1x UART, UIM, 8x GPIO
- Debugging – via serial console on 3-pin header
- Power – 5V/5A
- Dimensions – 10cm x 7cm (Pico-ITX)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 to 70 C | Storage: -20 to 80 C
- Relative Humidity – 5 to 95% non-condensing
The company will provide board support packages for both Linux and Android. You may want to watch the board introduction video below for an overview of the board.
IFC6410 is a production-ready board with compliant with RoHS and WEE standard. It will be available in May, but you can pre-order it now, or rather register your interest, for just $149 (+shipping) via IFC6410 page. With the cancellation of OPENBRIX Zero board, this is the cheapest “Cortex A15 class” board that I know of (Even though technically speaking Krait is not Cortex A15, but the performance is about the same), and with 4 cores it will even more powerful than the Arndale board.