Linaro 14.03 has just been released with Linux Kernel 3.14-rc7 (baseline), Linux Kernel 3.10.33 (LSK), and Android 4.4.2.
This month, I could not find any major changes or updates, but work has been performed on big.LITTLE, Samsung Arndale / Arndale-octa, HiSilicon K3V2 and D01 boards and Broadcom Capri hardware, as well as ARMv8 models.
Here are the highlights of this release:
- Linaro Stable Kernel (LSK) 3.10.33-2014.03
- big.LITTLE support – ARM MP patch set, IKS (ARMv7 only). Interactive scheduler enhancements
- ARMv8 features – CPU frequency scaling, CPU topology, CPU suspend
- Power efficient workqueue support
- Android v3.10 patch set from AOSP
- ARMv8 4xA57 4xA53 FVP (Fixed Virtual Platform) and Versatile Express TC2 support
- Linux Linaro 3.14-rc7-2014.03
- GATOR version 5.17
- Android topic (linaro-android-3.14-merge) updated to get the recent code from AOSP
- uprobes v7 (new version)
- Updated big-LITTLE-pmu topic from ARM LT (Landing team)
- Updated basic Capri board support from Broadcom LT (bcm590xx pmu and regulator drivers, Kona PWM controller support, and bcm21664 board added)
- Updated big endian topic
- Updated Arndale_Octa/Arndale/Origen patches from Samsung LT.
- proper fix for the data abort issue on Arndale-Octa added (“ARM: dts: Disable MDMA1 node for Arndale-octa board”)
- drivers/thermal/samsung/exynos_tmu* code cleaned up, TMU support for Exynos5420 SoCs added
- Updated Versatile Express patches from ARM LT
- Versatile Express arm64 support (FVP Base and Foundation models) from ARM LT
- Updated K3V2 board support from HiSilicon LT
- HiSilicon HiP0x Cortex A15 family / D01 Dev Board support added by HiSilicon LT
- cortex-strings-arm64 topic (same as in 2014.02)
- config fragments changes – Thermal config for arndale and arndale_octa enabled
- Linaro Toolchain Binaries 2014.03
- updated to latest Linaro TCWG (Toolchain Working Group) releases – Linaro GCC 4.8-2013.03, Linaro binutils 2.24-2014.03
- updated Android NDK to new upstream release r9d
- Linaro Android 14.03 – Built with Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.03, mmtest failures in LAVA have been fixed
- Linaro OpenEmbedded 2014.03
- integrated Linaro GCC 4.8-2013.03 and Linaro binutils 2.24-2014.03
- added extra ACPI tools to images
- switched recipes using git.linaro.org from git to http protocol
- upstreaming – updated git to 1.9.0, updated FWTS (Firmware Test Suite) to 14.02.00
- Linaro Ubuntu 14.03 – new package: xf86-video-freedreno 1.0.0, updated packages: libdrm 2.4.52 and linux-linaro kernels
- Initial HiSilicon D01 member build is delivered
- Arndale Octa build based on LT kernel has been setup for SWG (Security Working Group)
- Made good progress on integrating VPS build slaves into android-build.linaro.org
You can visit https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1403/Release for a list of known issues, and further release details about the LEB and community builds, Android, Kernel, Graphics, Multimedia, Landing Team, Platform, Power management and Toolchain (GCC / Qemu) components.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|