VIA has recently announced ARTiGO 1300, a rugged digital signage player powered by a VIA quad core E-Series x86 processor with VX11PH media processor, provides two HDMI outputs for independent displays, USB 3.0 ports, Gigabit Ethernet and more. Beside digital signage applications, it can also be used for kiosks, menu boards, HMIs, and other IoT applications.
ARTiGO A1300 Specifications:
- Processor – VIA QuadCore E-Series @ 1.0 GHz
- Chipset – VIA VX11PH Media System Processor with Chrome 645/640 GPU for 2D/3D, and hardware video decoding support (MPEG-2, WMV9, VC-1 and H.264)
- System Memory – 1x DDR3 1066/1333 SODIMM socket (up to 8GB)
- Storage – Support 1x 2.5” SATA SSD/HDD, 1x mSATA SSD. 32Mbit Flash memory for AMI Aptio UEFI BIOS.
- Video Output – 2x HDMI ports supporting resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 pixels. Dual independent HDMI display support.
- Audio – VIA VT2021 High Definition Audio Codec, Line-in and Line-out
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek RTL8111G) with support for Wake-On-LAN and Boot from LAN (PXE), optional Wi-Fi and 3G support
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports and 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial Port – 1x COM portfor RS-232/422/485
- Expansion Slot – 1x Mini-card slot (PCIe + USB 2.0), 1x SIM card slot, 1x DIO port for 8-bit GPIO
- Misc – Blue LEDs for 3G and USB Wi-Fi, 1x Red LED for SSD activity, 1x Green LED for power status, power on/off button, Watch Dog Timer
- Power – 12V DC-in (typical: 28W). ACPI 3.0 compliant
- Dimensions – 185mm(W) x 44.4mm(H) x 162mm(D)
- Weight – 2.0 kg without HDD
The design is fanless, and supports Windows 8, Windows 7, WES 7, and Linux based operating systems. Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity can be added with respectively VNT9271 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi module and Ublox 3.75G HSPA/UMTS mini PCIe module.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.