Ever since MK802 hit the market in April 2012, I’ve been expecting HDMI TV Sticks with Ethernet ports, but it never really materialized. There have been many small TV boxes, but AFAIK none of which could simply be insert in the back of your TV. Thanks to MK802 V we now have an HDMI TV dongle, powered by Rockchip RK3288 quad core Cortex A12/A17 processor, featuring an Ethernet port.
- SoC – Rockchip 3288 quad core ARM Cortex A12/A17 up to 1.8 GHz with Mali-T764 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 8 GB NAND flash (16GB optional) + micro SD slot (up to 32GB)
- Video / Audio Output – HDMI 2.0 (male)
- Video Codecs – MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, H.265, AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, MVC (1080p) Sorenson Spark, MVC up to 4K2K @ 60fps
- Audio Formats – MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, APE, FLAC, AAC, M4A, 3GPP etc
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with external antenna, Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB host ports, 2x micro USB ports (OTG + power)
- Misc – IR extension jack (3.5mm jack), recovery button
- Power Supply – 5V/2.5A via micro USB port
- Dimensions – N/A
This Android 4.4.2 TV dongle comes with an HDMI cable, a USB cable, a power adapter, and a user’s manual. There’s no remote control, but I’d expect most people to use a wireless keyboard, an air mouse, or their mobile device to control Android mini PCs.
MK802 V can be purchased for $119 on Aliexpress. It’s also called Unuiga U33-4R (RK3288), and there’s a version with RK3188T.
Via AndroidPC.es and Gabe, with additional links via Linuxium.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
9 Replies to “Finally… An Android TV Stick with an Ethernet Port”
Ahhh. There’s been one released in 2013: http://linuxgizmos.com/android-hdmi-stick-mini-pc-includes-ethernet/
But I was on holidays at that time, so it does not count :p.
Now I just need a Linux/Android board with 2 Ethernet ports, 4 USB ports (2 interfaces with 2 ports each), 1 HDMI (with hardware acceleration) and 1 SATA!
Now rip out those sad sdio/spi WiFi/BT hacks, enlarge the sysmem into 4GiB, do unibody alu case… One can dream.
That things gonna get mighty hot. Must be seriously underclocked.
nice product…TV stick with GLan…(but one question: between TV stick or STB now which is overpriced ??)
i made this video a while back this also had a ethernet chip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-jOoK7l8lA&list=UUomusdO0gjHXCgF68iKjyBg
Sold as Jesurun T034 on DealExtreme for $94 including a remote control – http://www.dx.com/p/jesurun-t034-android-4-4-2-quad-core-google-tv-player-w-2gb-ram-8gb-rom-ir-remote-us-plug-351646?Utm_rid=93072394&Utm_source=affiliate