It’s relatively easy to find an DVB-T2 Android TV box, and DVB-S2 TV boxes are less common, but last time I checked I could not find any Android media player with ATSC tuners to watch free-to-air channels in North America, South Korea, and a few smaller countries. But now there are at least two models Geniatech / Mygica ATV1220A, and Vigica C70A, both powered by Amlogic AML8726-MX dual core processor.
I’ve also written about Geniatech ATV1220 at the beginning of the year, which only came with a DVB-T2 tuner at the time. There’s now an ATSC version, but the rest of the specifications are identical.
So instead I’ll have a closer look at the technical specifications listed for Vigica C70A:
- SoC – AMLogic AML8726-MX dual core Cortex A9 @ 1.5 GHz + Mali-400 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3
- Storage – 4GB NAND flash + micro SD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 1.4a, AV
- Audio – HDMI, AV, coaxial S/PDIF
- Terrestrial Digital TV – ATSC tuner, 1x RF IN, 1x RF OUT
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – IR receiver
- Power Supply – 12V/1.5A DC
- Dimensions – N/A
- Weight – N/A
The product comes with an IR remote control, a power adapter, an AV cable, and a user’s manual. The specifications are nearly identical to ATV1220A, except it only features with two USB port (vs four), uses a 3.5mm jack instead of RCA connector for AV output, and adds coaxial S/PDIF. Both Android STBs run Android 4.2.2 with an ATSC app, and C70A runs the MediaBox launcher found in most recent Amlogic TV boxes on the market. There are many screenshots on Aliexpress.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|