As new platforms are being introduced to market, companies have to clear their stock of older devices, and iMito QX1 HDMI TV dongle based on Rockchip RK3188 quad core processor is now going for $30 on Aliexpress, including shipping.
iMito QX1 specifications as a reminder:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 Quad core Cortex A9 @ 1.6Ghz with Mali-400 MP4 GPU. (or maybe RK3188T @ 1.4 GHz now)
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash + microSD card
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Video Output – HDMI
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host + 1x mini USB port for power
- Misc – Reset/recovery button, external antenna connector.
- Power – 5V/2A via mini USB port
- Dimensions – 99 x 40 x 10.8mm
- Weight – 42 grams
The latest firmware is based on Android 4.2.2, and there are also some custom ROMS (Finless, Nitro Team, etc..) for the device. QX1 is sold with a power supply with a USB cable, and a short HDMI cable. An external antenna does not seem to be included, so if you want one, you’ll need to spend a few dollars. The antenna can be purchased on GeekBuying or Aliexpress for about $7.
Thanks to Gabe.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.