CS918T is an Android TV Box powered by Rockchip RK3188 quad core SoC with the usual 2GB RAM, 8GB Flash, and various ports such as HDMI, USB, Ethernet, etc… that also features a 2MP webcam, and sells for just $59.99 including shipping on Aliexpress. The box does not appear to be related to CS918 / KR-42-1 that was popular a few months ago.
CS918T technical specs:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3188 Quad core ARM Cortex A9 processor @ 1.6GHz with Mali-400MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 8GB NAND Flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI up to 1080p60, AV output
- Audio I/O – HDMI, AV, and microphone
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, and Bluetooth 3.0
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x micro USB OTG
- Camera – Built-in 2MP webcam
- Misc – Power and reset buttons, IR receiver.
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 95.5×59.5×11 mm
- Weight – 125 grams
There does not seem to be a system to install the device on top of the TV, but at $60, it looks much better value than camera enabled quad core mini PCs like Jesurun NX003II, or Tronsmart NX. CS918T is actually $30 to $40 cheaper than these, and I thought the seller on Aliexpress may not have made a pricing mistake, but I could find it on Ebay for $67, so the price seems plausible.
Thanks to Gabe for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|