Technologic Systems, as US based embedded systems solutions company, has announced availability of their TS-7250-V2 industrial grade PC/104 single board computer powered by Marvell PXA166 or PXA168 ARMv5 processor, with 512 MB RAM, 2GB eMMC SLC flash, single or dual Ethernet, and an optional Lattice FPGA with up to 17k LUT (Look-up Tables) among other features. They also have two enclosures namely TS-ENC720 (1x RJ45 port), and TS-ENC720-2ETH (2x RJ45 ports) for the boards.
- Processor (one of the two)
- Marvell PXA166 Sheeva ARMv5 processor up to 800 MHz
- Marvell PXA168 Sheeva ARMv5 processor up to 1066 MHz
- FPGA – 17 KLut Lattice LFXP2-8E FPGA
- System Memory – 512 MB RAM
- Storage – micro SD card socket + optional 2GB eMMC flash + optional full size SD card socket
- Connectivity – 1x or 2x 10/100 Ethernet ports,
- USB – 2x USB HS host ports, 1x micro USB device connector (console port)
- Serial – 3x RS-232 serial ports, 3x TTL serial ports, RS-485 port, optional RS-422 port, and optional CAN port if Lattice FPGA selected.
- Expansion Headers
- PC/104 connector + optional 40-pin PC/104 connector
- LCD and DIO Headers
- 75 TTL DIO (including PC/104 conn)
- Other I/Os – A/D converter, 5 channels (with 4-20 mA current loop)
- Misc – RTC with battery and temp compensation, temperature Sensor
- Power Supply – 5VDC or 8-28VDC power input
- Temperature Range – Industrial temperature range (-40°C to 85°C)
TS-7250-V2 can boot from either the onboard eMMC SLC flash or microSD card to an embedded Linux distributions based on Linux kernel 3.14, or Debian 7 “Wheezy” distribution. The board can boot in 0.87 seconds to a busyBox terminal shell, but the company also provided an older Linux 2.6.34 kernel that can boot in 0.52 seconds to the command line. The company claims there’s no proprietary source code in the kernel as hardware specific functionalities are handled by user-space utilities such as spictl, sdctl, xuartctl, etc…, and the company also provides drivers for all on board peripherals. The company will also provide Opencore source core for the FPGA. More details about software support can be found on TS-7520-V2 Wiki. Schematics (PDF) and mechanical drawings (PDF) can also be downloaded from the documentation page.
The TS-7250-V2 single board computer can be purchased now starting at $165 for 100-unit orders. Models include TS-7250-V2-512-8S-I industrial temperature baord with PXA166 and 512 MB DDR2 ($199), and TS-7250-V2-512-4096F-10S-I-DEV, the version recommended for development, is also an industrial temperature grade board, but instead featuring Marvell PXA168 processor, 512MB DDR2 RAM, 2GB Flash (4GB eMMC configured as 2GB SLC Flash), 2x 10/100 Ethernet ports, and 1x RS-422 port ($251). More information may be found on Technologic Systems TS-7250-V2 product page, and more pricing options are listed in the press release.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|