Forlinx, an embedded systems design and manufacturing company based in Hebei province in China, has announced OK335xD industrial (temperature) single board computer powered by Texas Instruments Sitara AM335X processor, and which appears to be a high-end version of their OK335xS-II SBC with more ports. Potential applications include communication devices, medical equipment, automotive computers, control panels, data acquisition devices, industrial control, industrial automation equipment, and more.
Listed specifications for FET335xD computer-on-module:
- SoC – Texas Instruments Sitara AM3354 Cortex A8 processor @ 800MHz with PowerVR SGX530 GPU
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3
- Storage – 256MB SLC NAND Flash
- Interfaces available via CoM connector:
- 1x USB 2.0 Host; 1x USB2.0 OTG
- Ethernet Dual Gigabit Ethernet
- 3x MMC
- 3x I2C, 2x SPI, 6x UART / IrDA
- Various GPIO pins
- 8x ADC
- 2x CAN
- LCD Interface
- Misc – Watchdog (SP706SEN)
- Power Supply – 5V; PMU – TPS65217C
- Dimension – 46mm x 70mm
- Temperature Range – -40℃~+85℃ (Operating)
Features listed for OK335xD baseboard:
- Processor/Memory/Storage – Via FET335xD CoM
- External Storage – 1x SD/SDHC card slot up to 32GB
- LCD interface with optional 4.3″, 5″, 7″, 8″, 10.4″ resistive or capacitive displays with various resolutions (480×272, 800×480, 800×600).
- VGA is supported via an optional LCD to VGA board
- Audio – 1x headphone jack, 1x MIC jack, 1x Line IN
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet, connector for external SDIO Wi-Fi module
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB device port
- Serial Ports
- 3x Serial Port (2x RS232, 1x TTL)
- 1x RS485 (Horizontal connectors with isolation protection)
- 1x CAN (Horizontal connectors with isolation protection)
- Other Expansion Headers
- “BUS” header with 12-Bit address bus, 16-bit data bus
- “I2C” header with 2x I2C
- “SPI” header with 1x SPI, 1x PWM?
- “AD” header with 8x ADC (4 for resistive touching, and 4 for user),
- Debugging – JTAG connector
- Misc – 4x LED, 6x user keys, 1x reset switch, 1x power switch, 1x boot switch (SD or NAND boot), on-board RTC
- Power Supply – 5V
- Power Consumption – 1.35W in standalone mode; 3.5 W to 5W with 7″ LCD in various scenario.
- Dimensions – 190 x 130 mm
- Temperature Range – -40℃~+85℃ (Operating), except the RTC chip.
The company provides BSPs for Android 4.2, Linux 3.2, and WinCE 6.0 / 7.0 with several drivers for each operating systems, but the Linux BSP appears to come with some extra command line and graphical test tools. The documentation and source code are available online, and must be included on a CD/DVD with the kit.
OK335xD single board computer will be available next month for $259 (reference price, subject to change), and FET335xD computer-on-module for $112. You can find a little more information and/or contact the company for details on Forlinx OK335xD product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|