Huawei / Hisilicon has announced a new 64-bit ARM processor with Kirin 620 featuring eight ARM Cortex A53 cores coupled with a Mali-450MP GPU, as well as an LTE Cat4 modem.
- CPU – 8x ARM Cortex A53 @ 1.2 GHz
- GPU – Mali-450MP4 GPU
- Memory – LPDDR3
- Camera – 13MP, ZSL (Zero Shutter Lag), HDR
- Video – Decode & Encode: 1080p30 H.264
- Cellular connectivity – LET Cat4 150M/50M, HSPA+ Cat24 42M / Cat6 5.76M, TDS R7 2.8M/2.2M, GSM R6 Class33
- Voice Solution – VoLTE/eSRVCC, CSFB, SGLTE, DSDA, DSDS
- Peripherals – USB, HSIC, SD/MMC, DMAC
- Process – 28 nm
That’s about all I know so far. Hisilicon mobile SoCs have not found their way in many handsets in the past, apart from Huawei smartphones. We’ll see if that one becomes more popular.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.