Marvell announced ARMADA PXA1928 quad core Cortex A53 LTE SoC at the beginning of the year, and they’ve now introduced two new Cortex A53 based processors with PXA1936 and PXA1908, featuring respectively eight and four ARM Cortex A53 cores at 1.5 GHz, and 5-mode 4G LTE support (TD-LTE, FDD-LTE, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA and GSM). PXA1936 targets high performance smartphones and tablets, whereas PXA1908 targets mid-range / mainstream mobile devices.
Key features of the Marvell ARMADA Mobile PXA1936 include:
- Octa core Cortex A53 up to 1.5GHz
- Supports 1080p display, and video encoding and decoding
- Improved image processor to support 13 to 16MP camera
- Advanced power management and audio codec for power efficiency and audio performance
- Enhanced security processor
- Integrated location and sensor hub functionalities for better usability
- Field proven DSDS (Dual Sim Dual Standby) software for 5-mode modem
While key features of Marvell ARMADA Mobile PXA1908 include:
- Cost optimized quad-core Cortex A53 up to 1.2GHz
- Improved image processing to support 8MP to 13MP camera
- Advanced power management
- Supports 720p display
- DSDS software for 5-mode modem
There’s no mention of the GPU, but the previously announced PXA1928 integrates a Vivante GC5000 GPU, so it might be these two new processors also come with a Vivante GPU. Both processor will support Android L. The only difference between PXA1908 and PXA1928 quad core processor is support for “mobile security features, including secure boot, root key protection and Widevine Level 1 support and FIPS 104-2 Level 3- and 140-3 Level 2-compliant” for the latter.
Thanks to embedded_geek for the tip.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|