Pipo X7 is yet another mini PC powered by Intel Atom Z3735 / Z3736 quad core processor running Windows 8.1 with Bing, and since it’s now pretty clear all these device should run Ubuntu or other Linux desktop distributions with full GPU support, they’ll gather more interest from Linux users, especially given this mini PC with 2GB and 32GB storage can be pre-ordered for $89.98 on GearBest with PX7CN or PipoX7LM coupon, making it more interesting price-wise than MeegoPad T01, especially since it comes with an Ethernet port, and (probably) an Intel Atom Z3736 processor with a higher burst frequency (2.16 GHz vs 1.83 GHz)
Since GearBest has done a pretty poor job at listing the specs for this item, I got the full technical details from GeekBuying, with some errors as well, but still better:
- SoC – Intel Atom Bay Trail Z3736F up to 2.16 GHz with Intel HD graphics up to 646 MHz.
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 32GB eMMC (listed as NAND flash?) + micro SD slot (up to 16GB?)
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI up to 1080p
- Audio I/O – HDMI, earphone jack, built-in stereo speakers and microphone
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi with external antenna, (and Bluetooth??)
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 12V/2A
- Dimensions – 188 x 150 x 24 mm or 188 x 123 x 25 mm (Aluminium enclosure)
- Weight – 403g
The packages only includes the box and a 12V/2A power supply, no cables are provided. It comes with Windows 8.1 with Bing but as usual the license issue is unclear. There’s no Android image, but I’m now very confident Ubuntu should run nicely on the box, possibly with some work required, as Linuxium showed it was possible for MeegoPad T01.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|