PiPo, a Chinese manufacturer better known for its tablets, has just listed PiPo X7 “Intel TV Box” on their website. This mini PC is powered by an Intel Atom Bay Trail-T processor with 2GB RAM, an unspecified amount of internal store, and running Windows 8.1 with Bing.
- SoC – Intel Atom Bay Trail Z3735F up to 1.83 GHz or Z3736F up to 2.16 GHz with Intel HD graphics up to 646 MHz
- System Memory – 2GB DDR3L
- Storage – Internal Storage (Capacity unknown) + micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI
- Audio Output – HDMI and audio jack
- Connectivity – Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 host ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 188 x 129 x 25.6 mm
- Weight 440g
PiPo’s computer only comes with a power adapter. I always thought Windows 8.1 with Bing was a free (as in beer) version of Windows for low cost devices, but I’ve been told the MeegoPad T01 that boots Android and Windows, requires an extra $25 to pay for the license to activate Windows 8.1 with Bing. Although there are currently issues with running Linux desktop distributions on Intel Bay Trail system, at least one person is motivated to fix bugs, and run Ubuntu on MeegoPad T01, and other Z3735X platforms.
The price for PiPo X7 is not available yet, but if you need a low cost Intel Bay Trail system, you could get MeegoPad T01 for $100, or if you live in the US, ECS LIVA (N2807 / 2GB RAM / 32GB eMMC) now sells for $109.99 on Newegg, not including an operating system.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|