We’ll already been informed about Intel Bay Trail mini PCs such as NEO MINIX Z64, MeLe PCG03 and Meego Pad P01, but the first two are not available yet (MeLe mini PC will ship by the end of December), and Meego P01 sells for a ridiculous $251 on Aliexpress, and I’m not even sure it’s shipping. There’s now another option with 10moons D9i which goes for 499 CNY ($82) in Tmall, features Intel Atom Z3735D quad-core processor, 2GB DDR3, and 16GB flash, running Android 4.2.2 or Windows 8.1.
- SoC – Intel Atom Z3735D “Bay Trail” quad core processor @ 1.33 GHz (Bust freq: 1.83 GHz) with Intel HD graphics
- System Memory – 2 GB DDR3
- Storage – 16 eMMC + micro SD slot
- Video & Audio Output – HDMI
- Video Codec – H.264 up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.265 up to 1080p
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi (No Ethernet)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host, 1x USB 3.0 host
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 112 x 112 x 28 mm
I understand the device ships with Android 4.2.2, but it looks like you can also download the BIOS and, hmmm… Windows 8.1, to install Windows from a 4GB or greater USB flash drive formatted with NTFS. It’s most probably an unauthorized copy of Windows, unless somehow Microsoft has also OK’ed Windows 8.1 with Bing on this type of device. In theory, you could also instal a Linux desktop distributions the device, but there may still be issues with Intel Bay Trail processors. That’s also a shame there’s no Ethernet port on this box.
Nevertheless, that means game is on, and Intel based mini PCs are now coming to market with the same price as equivalent ARM based mini PCs. A $80 device, in China should probably cost a little over $100 on Aliexpress once shipping and other fees are taken into account. More information may be available on 10moons iBox product page (Chinese).
Thanks to milkboy for the tip.