$100 quad core Android phones, all Mediatek based, could be found back in 2013, and included 1GB RAM, 4GB flash, and a 4.5″ display with 854×480 resolution. Technology gets cheaper overtime, and in early 2015, you can now purchase an Octa-core smartphone for $90 with 1GB RAM, 8GB flash, the same 4.5″ display size, but a slightly higher resolution of 960×540 pixels thanks to products like Ulefone Be X.
Ulefone Be X specifications:
- SoC – Mediatek MT6592M Octa Core Cortex A7 up to 1.4GHz with ARM MALI-450MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB RAM
- Storage – 8GB flash + micro SD card slot (up to 64GB)
- Display – 4.5″ IPS OGS display with capacitive touchscreen. Resolution: 960×540 (qHD)
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, built-in microphone, and speaker.
- Network – 2G: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz 3G: WCDMA 850/1900/2100MHz. One SIM card slot + one micro SIM slot. Dual SIM, Dual Standby support.
- Connectivity – WiFi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth, built-in GPS, FM radio
- Camera – 2.0MP front-facing camera, 8.0MP rear camera with flash light and auto focus
- Sensor – Gravity Sensor, light sensor, and direction sensor.
- USB – 1x Micro USB
- Battery – 1900mAh Lithium battery, good for 2 to 3 days standby time.
- Dimensions – 133x66x9.7mm
- Weight – 130g
The phone ships with a battery, a USB cable, a power adapter for your country, and a user’s manual. It currently runs Android 4.4, but an Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware update is in the works. The Antutu score is said to be around 28,000 points. Ulefone also made a comparison table between their Be X and Moto G (second generation).
You’re probably unlikely to notice much difference between a quad core and octa core processor, especially with only 1GB RAM, and Moto G build quality is likely to be significantly better. The price difference is probably bigger, since Be X actually costs $89.99 including shipping, while Moto G (2nd Gen) price is now closer to $180 shipped.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|