Mifree HX-V5 is a waterproof Bluetooth 4.0 activity tracker with fitness tracking and sleep monitoring functions just like Vidonn X5, except the device bring the price level to a new low, as it sells for just $14 including shipping on GeekBuying, and currently about $20 on Aliexpress, but there are few sellers, and more may come up around the $15 mark.
HX-V5 smart band specifications differ depending on the sites too, not for the user exposed features, but for the internals [Update: GeekBuying told me they were given the wrong information, so I updated the specs accordingly):
- SoC – TI CC2541 Bluetooth SoC
- Storage – 4MB flash, enough to preserve 60 days of data
- Display – 0.91″ OLED display, 128×32 pixels
- Connectivity – Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Sensors – 3-axis MEMS sensor
- IP Rating – IP67 (unlikely IMHO)
- Battery – 3.7V/70mAh Li-ion battery, good for 10 to 12 days. 2 to 3 hours charging time.
- Dimensions – “Watch” part: 44.5 x 18.1 x 11.5mm. Wristband?: 242 x 15 x 2 mm
- Weight – 36 grams
The device ships with a USB cable for charging and a user’s manual. Based on my experience with Vidonn X5, don’t expect an accurate step count, but it can still be used as a motivator for an extra walk or run during the day. The alarm function working with the vibrator might also be useful. There aren’t any links to the app in any of the stores, but one Aliexpress seller told me the app is called movnow and can be downloaded for Android and iOS, but reviews are rather mixed. There also seem to be a web / cloud interface for the tracker, and other compatible devices.
You may also consult the manufacturer’s website.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.